My Favorite Holiday,

The Fourth of July!


Why is the fourth of July my favorite holiday? Well, let me tell you what we did, and it may help you understand.

We started off the day sleeping in, we rolled out of bed around 8 or 8:30. Gregory already had his swimsuit on and was excited to begin our day at Seven Peaks in Salt Lake City. It's on the west side of the city, so from Tooele it was only 30 minutes from our home. Since we arrived early, the park wasn't too crowed yet, and they have lots of fun going down waterslides which we all enjoyed. I absolutely love being outside, swimming, getting some color and vitamin D with my husband and two little boys. Gregory loves to swim, and George is right there trying his best. They even tried a few big slides or tube runs. Stan did all the really scary slides, and we watched and cheered him on from the sidelines.

We tried out the wave pool, and George and I were on one tube, and Gregory was on the other, while Stan was keeping an eye on us all so no one went down under the waves. One wave did get George and I, and we flipped backwards into the water. It was like we both did a backwards roll with the help of the wave. George did not think it was very funny, so we did not last long in the wave pool. The boys will like that pool a lot more in a few years.

After Seven Peaks we went home and had our own BBQ. We roasted hot dogs, had salad, chips, pop, you know...just the typical summer BBQ stuff. Then we took naps and watched movies until it was time to go back to SLC and watch a HUGE fireworks display at Sugar House Park. I definitely would love to go back next year, the fireworks were awesome! Plus we saw the Jets as they circled around a few times before heading down to Provo for the Stadium of Fire. Next year, I want to bring more stuff for the kids to do while at the park waiting for the fireworks to begin. I don't know why, but I love nothing more than being outside when it's dark and warm, watching the night sky sparkle as I sing with the music songs about America! I am proud to be an American, where at least I know I'm free...etc!

So back to the original thought, why is the 4th of July my favorite holiday? It is warm, not cold, I'm usually tan or have some sun, rather than pale. It's low stress and cheap, rather than high stress and expensive. I mean what's better than a hot summer day, swimming and going down waterslides, having a BBQ, and watching amazing fireworks? I cannot imagine a better, happy, fun day!

I love America, and I love celebrating the 4th of July each year!

Comments

  1. Sounds like a slice of paradise:) We will have to go to Seven Peaks some time, it is about 20 minutes from where we live, so we could meet almost in the middle!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Amanda, that sounds like a plan! It would be fun to do it during the day when our husbands are at work! How are you doing? Let's go to Seven Peaks soon! Love ya!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts