Myrtleville Beach

It's too much of a temptation to go to the beach when it's only 15 minutes away. It rains a lot here in Ireland, so when the sun comes out, no matter what's going on, my first reaction is let's do something fun. Stan was at work and I knew we only had a few hours after Gregory's school, so after I picked him up we headed for Myrtleville Beach. We began by playing on the beach. I knew after we swam that we would be wet and cold and would want to go home. After a while of playing in the sand we jumped in the water. This time not only did we jump in, but we swam. We were out in the water for at least 30 minutes. Next time I'm going to bring the life vests, because Gregory goes so far out there that I need to be out in the water with him. But I didn't like leaving George on the beach. He would come into the water a little bit, and he being two, almost three, years old, shouldn't be left by himself either. The life vests would help keep them both afloat until I could reach them if necessary. Not to mention that I'm 8 months pregnant and I'm not as quick as I would normally be. SO finally I decided to lift George onto my shoulders, that way I could be out deep with Gregory, and George was with us but not getting wet. This is the way in which we three could swim in the sea together. It was quite exhausting dodging the ice cold waves with George on my shoulders, but the thrill of it all outweighed the effort. Gregory and George laughed and laughed. I don't think Gregory would ever leave the water, but finally one big wave overcame him when he wasn't looking, and that was it. He was finally done for the day. After our long cold swim, we made our way back to our stuff. The boys were so cold, so I grabbed all our gear, wrapped the boys in towels and blankets, and we went straight to the van. The boys took off their wet things and I had dry warm clothes for them to put on. Thank heavens our van has a good heater. In a matter of minutes the boys and I were warm and dry in the van driving home. What a fun adventure! I can't wait for summertime. It will be much warmer and I won't be pregnant. I think we will spend a lot of time on the beach. I've heard there are many wonderful beaches, so far we have only discovered this one. I'm sure that will change soon.




Comments

  1. Fun! Looks like we need to get you wet suits for Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. lol, I think wet suits would be awesome! If I ever find some on clearance I'm going to purchase some. I know we'd use them here. I'm told there's a tradition here in Cork to do a Christmas day swim for charity. That would be a fun tradition to be apart of.

      Delete
    2. awesome! how far is it? I would be totally down with doing an open water swim.

      Delete
    3. I'm not sure on the details, I was told it happens by someone I met while swimming at Myrtleville Beach. I searched online and found this link http://myrtlevilleswimmers.com/2012/12/. I think there are a few different charities that people swim for. I'm sure with some more google searching we can figure out more details :)

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts