FALL BREAK SAN DIEGO

I still cannot believe we did this. I put my four boys in the car and drove from Elk Ridge Utah to San Diego California. Thankfully, I had Maggie in Las Vegas to stop at. Wednesday night we left home, and drove to Henderson, Nevada. We swam and visited with Ky and Maggie and played with Everest. The next morning we got up and swam again, packed up and went to a chocolate factory, and then to a really fun pumpkin patch. The boys ran around chasing bunnies and were given carrots to feed the animals. We left with a little pumpkin even though our pathfinder was already very full. Maggie and I and our FIVE BOYS drove down to San Diego that night. We stopped at San Bernardino for dinner. 

The next morning, we went and saw the seals and sea lions that live in La Jolla Cove and found a small beach to swim and play at. We ate lunch up on the cliffs edge overlooking the sea. It was amazing. Then we met up with Erin at Mission Beach so the boys would have a safe place to swim.

The next morning we loaded up the surf boards and Sam and Erin took us to one of their favorite beaches. They let the boys surf for the entire day. They literally swam in the ocean for six hours that day. I tried to surf a few waves and that was fun. William did it once and is now telling everyone that he surfs! Gregory was able to get up a few times on his feet, and George easily was able to get on his knees. This was the highlight of the trip for them. We spent the entire day there and watched the sunset. We found a little Chinese restaurant to eat dinner at, packed up our things and headed back to Las Vegas. 

Maggie and I had the best time together. We talked and talked and laughed so much. It was wonderful to have these happy moments together with my sister! We spent a lot of time together in the car driving, and it was nice to have this time to talk. That night we got to Maggie's house around 3 am. We unpacked a few things and went to bed. 

After we got into the house and settled in, a really big rain storm blew in. Gregory and George woke up and we went on the back porch to watch the rain and lightning. Las Vegas have really cool rain storms. My boys were so sweet. They just kept thanking me for the fun trip and said how much fun they had especially surfing. They really enjoyed themselves. We all went to bed that night really happy, and woke up a few hours later, it was early, we loaded up the few things that we had brought into the house, and drove home. I'll always remember this crazy little trip and the happy moments we made. 

It really doesn't matter what you do, as long as you strengthen your relationships with the people you love! I'll never forget sitting on Maggie and Ky's back porch, watching the rain and lightning storm, and having my boys snuggling around me. It was a tender, sweet moment, a memory that I'll never forget. 




Comments

  1. That sounds like a blast! Having a car is one thing I wish I had to be able to jump and do smaller trips like that. Glad you guys had a great time. Hugs and kisses to you all. Xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! It was a fun getaway! Thanks again for sending me that birthday gift card. Very sweet of you xx

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts