Zebra Canyon & Otter Creek Reservoir- Fall Break 2020

Fall Break 2020 we went on a camping/hiking/fishing trip. Slot canyons are fun but a bit intense with 4 boys and 2 dogs but if our two year old can handle it anyone can! Go check out zebra slot canyon (8 mile hike) & otter creek reservoir! Beautiful country side. 

Stan and I work hard. We have late nights, early mornings, we don't get a lot of breaks and when we do have a bit of free time it's filled by making sure that our kids have opportunities playing sports on club and traveling teams, doing well in school, and taking them on adventures.

This weekend for Fall Break, we were able to get away and go on an adventure. It was unlike anything I thought I would do with small children and two pups. Otter Creek was delightful and just pure fun. No stress, BLM land, so free camping, no one around, which means no leashes and just relaxation. 

Zebra Canyon was intense. 8 mile hike. Slot canyon so narrow that you have to climb up to get through. You cannot walk on the ground it's too thin to pass like that. Tiber on my shoulders, dogs on Stan's shoulders. Water coming up to my waist and ice cold to boot! I didn't know what I was getting myself into, but it was a great adventure, a bonding moment for my family, and memories that they'll have for the rest of their lives.

We hope to go on a few more adventures this Fall before the weather gets too cold. Camping in Southern Utah can extend well into November. Even though it's mid-October the temp hit 87 degrees the day we went hiking. Despite wearing hats, we all came home with sun kissed cheeks. 


Otter Creek Reservoir















Zebra Slot Canyon














 

Comments

Popular Posts