Stan's Dance with the Coronavirus Covid-19

So I got hit by COVID hard. I was in the ICU for 8 days and the hospital for a total of 9 days. I was able to go home this weekend.

Let me first say, this has been the single most difficult experience of my life. The shortness of breath and the anxiety will be a horrible feeling that sticks with me forever. I can't ever see myself forgetting those feelings.
Also, my heart is breaking for those people that got this worse than I did. And especially for people that lost family members. I'm so sorry!!
I did want to mention though that I have realized I'm surrounded by really good and loving people. When I was too weak to work, my beautiful wife
Brooke Anne Plothow-Nelson
picked up as much slack as she could for me. I love her so much! I'm eternally sorry for the pain and stresses she has gone through because of this. But she is a champion, a fighter, and the strongest woman I know! She fiercely loves her family and would do anything for them. She is just so amazing, and I love her so much!
My mom and dad were always there for me. They are both amazing. I'm thankful for all the meals and help you provided to me and my family.
There were also a number of people that came to me and fixed a problem I couldn't fix. You know who you guys are. I was too weak to work, and you guys gave up your time, energy, and selflessly served me. I literally cried in my hospital bed from your acts of service!
I don't like being weak and I hate having to rely on others. It's hard. But you guys are incredible, and I will literally do anything for you guys. Just ask me anytime.
I'm home now. Still on oxygen 24x7 but I'm home. I feel strong, and then I get up to use the restroom and realize that I'm still really weak. I'll get better and get over this. I just wanted to take a minute to thank everyone in my life that helped me and made this load a little lighter. I love you guys and just felt like I had to say thank you publicly.


























From Stan:

Covid update: I'm doing much better. My O2 numbers are really good during the day. I can now take my oxygen off and stay in the 90's. (At night my numbers still dip, so I sleep with O2.) I want to thank everyone for the support.
Any physical activity is a killer. Today I went down the stairs, got a Diet Coke from the fridge, and then went back up the stairs. I was gasping for air, and my O2 saturation dropped into the 70's (73% to be exact). I quickly put my O2 back on and quickly recovered, but what a humbling experience not being able to do stairs without becoming totally and completely physically exhausted.
I'm positive this will get better over time. Or it better. I bought turkey permits for the boys and me. The hunt starts in May. My O2 saturation gets better or my boys try and figure out how to pull me off a mountain. I hope the decision isn't between me and a turkey - I'm uncertain how that would turn out. 😂


Comments

Popular Posts