Fall Birthdays and the beginning of our First Winter in Woodland Hills

 Tiber has been spending Tuesdays with Grandma Nelson. They have fun together making treats, shopping at the dollar store, and going to the park. They made this cake together for Williams Birthday.



George had a big birthday bash. He invited lots of his friends over and they had a fun time at our house including hanging out in the hot tub.






Graden and Haley asked us over for dinner and caramel apples. The boys had a fun time making them with their second cousins.



We had one or two snow falls during the Fall months. Each time the snow melted completely. Here is one of those first snow falls.






George with his friends eating pizza at his 12th birthday party!



Gregory went to a Fall campout with the Young Men of our ward. They had a fun time sleeping in an authentic Teepee.





Here we are eating at the Olive Garden for Williams 9th birthday!





William also had a friend party this year! These kids were a lot of craziness but they had a good time and made William feel special.





We enjoyed Thanksgiving at our house this year. We invited both Stan's parents and my parents and siblings to eat and celebrate. It was so much fun cooking with Stan. We got up at 4:30AM and started smoking the Turkey that had been marinating all night in mayonnaise.  I learned out to make homemade rolls and perfected the recipe so they were amazing on Thanksgiving Day as well as homemade cranberry sauce from real cranberries, stuffing, mash potatoes and the gravy was the best gravy of all times. So delicious!



Gregory, George and I getting a treat at McDonalds after their games. I believe each played in two games that day, because they both are playing for two different teams and sometime they have to play more than one game in a day. They both are becoming great at basketball. They both hit a couple threes in their games as well as the normal layups, jumpers, rebounds, and fast breaks. Love watching and cheering for my boys!



Here is our Christmas tree this year. It isn't as big or as beautiful as last year, but that doesn't matter. I love this tree, I love the memories I have of decorating it with my boys, listening to Christmas music and eating peppermint ice cream. We didn't go to bed that night until almost 3AM. It was fun.





Super proud of William for being awarded this. He is a great kid and he absolutely loves going to Foothills Elementary. He is doing really well in school this year and it is wonderful to see him flourish and enjoy himself.




More snow came! This time is didn't melt. Winter has begun.








Froyo after a basketball game with George and his friends. They're such good kids and George is lucky to have these good boys to grow up with!




Stan has suffered with back pain for 7 years. He hurt himself doing CrossFit while we lived in Sydney, Australia. We finally decided that now was the time to get things looked at, and the doctor let us know that he needed surgery. Stan had surgery Friday morning. The first 48 hours was pretty terrible. He was throwing up and in lots of pain. We called in and they got us some stronger meds and more of them and he was finally able to get some relief. He has a long road ahead of him but I'm hoping this summer we will get to go camping and have some adventures with Stan feeling well again.





George was asked to participate in a fundraiser with his new baseball team. We went door-to-door and sold 23 boxes of apples. It was a lot of work and we earned $200 towards his baseball fees. It was good to teach him about how hard earning money can be, and that we should be careful on how we spend it. I loved spending a few afternoons together and it was overall a good experience.




Christmas is coming, it's just 10 days away. All the presents are purchased, we still need to wrap, but this year I want to focus on the quiet moments that sometimes happen in our busy world. 

I get up early and go and go until I crash each night. From getting the boys to school, exercising at the gym, getting into work and ordering hardware, getting new customers setup, contracts, auto pay, scheduling hardware installs, and balancing the books, then from work we get the boys to all their games and practices for multiple sports and multiple teams we sometimes don't get home until after 11pm... so it's very busy. 

The other day I stumbled on Tiberius sitting on this wooden stool that was handmade by my Dad. He loves this stool and drags it around with him, and when I found him just sitting on it looking at the Christmas tree I just thought how beautiful that was. 

It's important to stop and take time to think and ponder and just enjoy the moment. I appreciated Tiber for reminding me and for sharing this with me even though he did not know I was there. I love little children and the beautiful spirit they bring to our world. I love my boys so much and for how they bless my life.  I hope I can find more quite moments this Christmas season and just stop and enjoy and feel and remember why we celebrate.


Merry Christmas 2022



Comments

Popular Posts