November is Summer!

It feels like this year has been either Spring or Summer for us. In Ireland we just finished summer when we moved to Australia, and by doing so skipped fall and winter and went back into Spring. Now Spring is ending and summer is beginning plus it's the holidays! I've never had a warm, summer Christmas before, but it should be lovely! Tonight we went to Hyde Park in Sydney to an outdoor Christmas concert. It was really fun, even though we did get some rain, they handed out free ponchos to keep us there and it worked. The boys ran around and even danced to the music. They were especially glad that Santa showed up, and George kept saying how excited he was that it was almost Christmas! I think being five is such a special age, everything is magical and exciting!

November has been a good month. I changed my hair colour back to brown. We went to Coogee beach and swam for hours on a beautiful sunny day! Gregory lost two teeth this month. George finished his introductory school sessions for kindergarten next year. William is becoming a parrot and speaking very well. Stan and I both spoke in Sacrament meeting at Church last week. We celebrated two birthdays (George and William). We went on our first date which means we found a good babysitter that we trust. We saw the new 007 movie at the IMAX on Darling Harbour. They claim that it is the world's biggest IMAX. It was amazingly large! We did another IKEA run, which means I have knives to prepare our dinners with... cutting vegetables especially carrots with butter knives was getting old :) We've had the missionaries over to eat a few times this month. I cheated on my SCDiet and at some Australian favorites, such as Tim Tams, Mint Slices (my favorite thing!), iced VoVos, and huge fresh mangoes. It's super fun to start feeling apart of this new country and culture. (Here's a link with the above mentioned and more Australian favorite biscuits) The best part of November is that I started feeling like I was home. I think no matter where you live in the world, you need to make it feel happy and like you are home. This month the shock of moving, the excitement, and anxiety of everything involved from moving a family of five from one continent to another is wearing off and that peaceful feeling that you're home has set in. What a great opportunity it is to be living in Sydney, Australia. I still cannot believe that we are here! William always says, as he squeezes you in his loving arms, "HAPPY! HAPPY!" Yes William, we are happy!






















Comments

Popular Posts