The 4th of July Down Under

My favorite holiday is the 4th of July, and the 4th in 2016 happened for us a day earlier because we live in Australia and that means life happens 16-18 hours ahead of the USA. Over the holiday weekend, we were invited to hang out with some other Americans at Clifton Gardens Reserve in Mosman. It was so beautiful there, a new park for me, and right along the cliffs and the ocean. The boys were able to run around, and the other parents brought fun things for them to do. It was nice for my boys to have children to play with that were the same age as all three of my boys. They rode bikes and scooters, hit down cans with bean bags, ate all sorts of American sugar cookies and other desserts that looked like the American flag. It was wonderful to laugh and talk with others like us, Americans living overseas. They were all very welcoming and made it a really fun afternoon.

I'm proud to be an American. I love knowing that I'm free. I am so grateful that I have had the opportunity to live overseas, but at some point, it will be nice to again return home and live in my own country.

And yes, it's winter here not summer so why are my kids without shoes? Oh I don't know... And eventually they found the water faucet and yes they were wet too. William is still trying to get over his cold, but he will be okay. All three of my boys love to go outdoors and have as much fun as they possible can. I love that they do this, and live life to the fullest!

From the photo below, it's clear that William loved doing sparklers! He just loved it! I think he was super surprised that I let him hold FIRE!














Here are some of my new American friends! It was fun to get to know them and celebrate the 4th with them!



Here's the big group with the husbands and children... A fun bunch!


This park was incredibly beautiful. I really loved discovering a new gem. When it warms up, I'll bring the family back and we can swim in the netted beach or the kids can play soccer or at the playground. Lots of options here!


I loved this! A healthy way to celebrate! (Crohn's Kitchen)




Happy 4th of July from the Nelson's Down Under!

Comments

Popular Posts