William's Baptism 12/04/2021

Today was William's baptism and confirmation, it was a wonderful day. I love William very much and I am so happy that our family was able to come and celebrate this day with us. My dad (William's Grandpa) baptized and confirmed him a member of the church and gave him the gift of the Holy Ghost. Stan's dad (William's Grandpa) gave a really nice talk on Baptism and shared many sweet stories about Stan as a boy. Shellese (William's Aunt) gave a talk on the Gift of the Holy Ghost and she did an excellent job. The Grandmas did the music - My mom played the piano and Lora lead the music. Hannah (my sister & William's Aunt) gave the opening prayer, and Edward (my brother & William's uncle) gave the closing prayer. Mom gave her crystal presentation and the kids loved seeing the light shine through it. I bore my testimony. I shared a scripture that I have learned on my mission. I first said it in French then in English. 

Voici, je suis disciple de Jésus-Christ, le Fils de Dieu. J'ai été appelé par lui pour annoncer sa parole à son peuple, afin qu'il ait la vie éternelle.

Behold, I am a disciple of Jesus Christ, the Son of God. I have been called of him to declare his word among his people, that they might have everlasting life.

When we are baptized we take upon us the name of Christ. We become disciples of Christ. We promise to keep his commandment, to share our light and our love of the gospel with others, that we might all have everlasting life. 

I know that God lives, that Jesus is the Christ our Savior, and that by following God's commandments and enduring to the end we can live with God again forever with our families. 

After William was baptized, we went into the changing room and I was able to help him get out of his wet clothes and get back into his bright blue suit. As he was changing he told me about the experience he just had. He said the following:

"When I was baptized, I felt Jesus Christ walking with me. First I felt a warm feeling in my chest, then the image of Jesus came to my mind, he walked with me a few steps, I felt good, I felt him leave, but I still felt a good feeling and then after a few more steps I knew that he was gone. I know that Jesus was there and that loves me." - William Nelson age 8.

Tiberius, as he walked down the hall following the baptism, said I want to do that too! and then he plugged his nose like he would if he were the one being baptized. How cute is that?! He at age three has a desire to be baptized too! 

I'm grateful for my family and for the gospel, and how we as a family have chosen love first.  I appreciate that Stan supports me and our family with our desire to go to Church and follow the covenant path! I love you dear William, congratulations on being baptized today! Love, Mom & Dad.




















Comments

Popular Posts